- Congratulations to the brewers of Barley Works (Danny Steigerwald, Luis Diaz, Tony Hernandez) on their big win at the Grovetoberfest Homebrew Competition:
Fruit Slam (Double IPA) – Winner: Hop-Forward Category
La Guapa Sucia (Florida Weiss) – Winner: Best Balanced Beer & Best of Show
- MASH was well represented at the event and a crowd favorite.
Sunshine Challenge Homebrew Competition
- Registration Window is Closed
- Judging and events at International Palms Resort on International Drive (Orlando) November 14 – 16, 2014
Winter Solstice Party
- Save the Date – Saturday, December 13, 2014
- Location – TBD
Nomination of New Officers for 2015
- Election to be held at the regular club meeting in November.
- President: Matt Waldron or Bob Billany
- Vice-President: Matt Waldron or Bob Billany or Dan Barrett or Danny Steigerwald
- Treasurer: Denise Graham
- Secretary: David Kirsten
- Librarian: Tony Hernandez or Tim St. John
- T-Shirts are still available for sale.
October 2014 BotY Results
Style: Sour Ales
- First Place: Josh Kritzer (Flanders Red)
- Second Place: Dave Kirsten & Bob Billany (Flanders Brown)
- Third Place: Daniel Kinard (Fruit Lambic)