Meeting Minutes – October 24, 2013
NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS
- Forty four members and guests in attendance.
- A quorum of Officers were present: (David Kirsten, President, Bob Billany VP, Darryl Hickey Scrollkeeper)
- India Pale Ale – Led by Jacob Lindsay
- Treasurer (Bob Beard) was not in attendance.
- Proposal for New Dues Structure:
– Current: $35 per year / $20 From April. All memberships expire at years end.
– Proposed: Prorated dues for new members
Sept-Dec – $30/$35 (Including the next year)
Upon payment of dues, all members in good standing will receive a MASH-branded beer tasting glass – to be utilized for future educational sessions and BotY competitions.
Proposal approved pending 30 day review period. If no objections, By-Laws will be updated.
- Grovetoberfest was October 19th. Bob Billany did a great job organizing this event.
- Social Committee – Oktoberfest Celebration was enjoyed at Fritz & Franz Bierhaus
- Sunshine Challenge (Orlando) – November 1-2, 2013
- Need to develop BOTY list for 2014
National Learn to Homebrew Day – November 2nd. We will register a event to be held at Daddy Brews.
South Florida BREW Festival: FIU 11/23 (F/K/A Brew on the Bay)
BJCP Tasting Exam
– Exam moved up to November 2014.
– 12 Spots Reserved. Possibility of extension to 20.
– Priority seating to those who pass online exam
Winter Solstice Party
– Saturday, December 14 @ Noon
– Location: Wynwood Brewery Tap Room (Tentative)
Coconut Cup: Confirm Organize & Head Judge / Form Committees
– Dates: (Pending)
- February 14-15 (Long Weekend) (Not a good date, removed from list)
- February 21-22
- February 28- March 1
- March 7 – 8 (Hunapuh Day)
- March 14-15 (Following week is Spring Break)
- March 21-22
– Site: American Legion in South Miami
– Hotel? (If we have visitors)
– Swag/Raffle (David Kirsten will chair Swag)
Election of Officers for 2014 – Elections will be in December
Tonight’s BOTY (October) is BJCP category 14 India Pale Ale.
– First Place – Danny S, Imperial IPA
– Second Place – Blues Brewing (Alvaro & Mauricio), American IPA
– Third Place – Ryan LaPete, Imperial IPA